General Information: masters.edu/registrar, click on the "Transfer Policy" drop down.
How can I know if a course I took at another college will transfer to TMU?
Please visit our website: masters.edu/registrar to see which courses will transfer from other institutions. Click on "transfer courses" to see a list of institutions as well as CLEP/AP tests that will transfer to fulfill our Gen Ed requirements.
- If your first full-time semester at TMU was Fall 2019 or later, please contact our Transfer Advisor Kurt Hild at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your first full-time semester at TMU was between Fall 2015 and Summer 2019 semester, please click the link that says, "Fall 2015 through Summer 2019".
- If your first full-time semester at TMU was prior to the Fall 2015 semester, please click the link that says, "Pre-Fall 2015."
If you don't see your college on the list please follow these instructions: Please email the name of the college, the name/code/description of the course(s) to Registrar@masters.edu for approval.
I took a course at another college which should fulfill a major requirement, why isn't it showing on my transcripts?
- Major requirements that were fulfilled at other institutions will not show on your TMU transcripts.
- Your major advisor will track your major requirements. When you start your graduation contract as a Junior, your advisor will omit requirements that you have fulfilled through your transfer work. The graduation contract will only include requirements that you still have to fulfill to graduate.
- If there are any questions about the fulfillment of your major requirements, please contact your major advisor. The Registrar's Office does not advise on major requirements.
I took a Gen Ed at another college, why is it not showing on my transcripts
- Do we have your transcripts from the other institution? If so, do the transcripts show all of your grades? Sometimes, we will be sent transcripts before grades have been posted for a given semester. If there is not grade, the course will not be evaluated for transfer credit. You can check with the Registrar's Office to see what we have on file for you.
- Is the course approved for transfer? Please review the instructions above to see college-specific lists that show exactly which courses will transfer.
How long does it take for transfer work to show on my transcripts? Once we receive the transcripts, it may take 1-3 business days to appear on your transcripts depending on the work load and time of year. However, as soon as you are awarded credit, your unofficial transcripts in are updated in real-time. Visit the Student Portal and click on "View & Print My Unofficial Transcript" to see your transcripts.
How many transfer units have transferred in for me? Visit the Student Portal and click on "View & Print My Unofficial Transcript" to see your transcripts. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the total number of transfer units awarded. Review each semester to see which units came from which institution (if more than one).
Which Gen Eds have transferred for me? Visit the Student Portal and click on "View & Print My Unofficial Transcript" to see your transcripts. Scroll through the page, courses with a grade of "TR" have been awarded transfer credit.
I took "xyz course" at another college, why isn't this course listed on my transcripts? Only Gen Eds that have been awarded, and courses taken at TMU will appear on your TMU transcripts. General Electives will only appear as a number of transferred units. These units will count towards the minimum 122 unit requirement.
Example of general elective transfer units:
Contact us: Registrar@masters.edu.